Network Management Tools
Prepare for future changes and manage the health of your network by going in-depth with InterMapper. Pinpoint network congestion, analyze trends, and be alerted to potential issues before they become major problems.
Prepare for the future with expanded memory space
InterMapper offers 64-bit support so you have the scalability and memory you need to monitor your entire network as it continues to grow. With this expanded memory space, customers are able to monitor more nodes and devices from a single dashboard, including niche devices or previously unsupported devices. Invest in your network's future by giving yourself room to grow with InterMapper's 64-bit capacity, increasing product performance and helping you manage and prepare for future changes.
Network Capacity Planning
Maximize capacity planning efforts and network performance
InterMapper's robust data collection and storage give you the power to review trends and identify issues to maximize capacity planning efforts. The collected data can help to identify a range of issues, including constant high bandwidth utilization and slow network speed, or constant IP changes by DHCP.
InterMapper allows you to easily access the data you need to maximize the efficiency and performance of your network.
Historical Trend Analysis and Strip Charts
Charts, reports, SQL database
InterMapper collects data from all the equipment being monitored and compares the collected data to thresholds to alert you to new problems.
InterMapper also provides two mechanisms for viewing the data that it collects: status windows that display current operating data to help diagnose problems, or strip charts that present a graph of historical performance. Any value that InterMapper displays in a status window can be charted. Simply click an underlined value to create a new chart; drag other underlined values to add them to a chart. Charts can include:
- Network traffic: percent utilization, error counts, packet and byte counts, etc
- Router and server data: CPU/memory utilization, temperature, etc
- Any data value that is collected by InterMapper
Charts can be easily scaled to present day, week, month, and year intervals.
Customizable Web-Based Analytics Reportings
Turn your network data into knowledge
In today's network centric economy, every department within your organization has a vested interest in network performance and reliability. InterMapper Reports allows the network administrator to easily disseminate critical information. Its customizable, web-based analytics make data available to all stakeholders from the convenience of their browser.
InterMapper provides a new way to explore and interact with your network data. Our network monitoring software is an efficient solution to unlock the value from all the information you are collecting.
- Spot trends: see short and long-term patterns to diagnose your network
- Save time and money: benefit from high quality data without data cleansing or Crystal Reports
- Empower your team: deploy professional looking, dynamic reports which your colleagues can interact with
Features and benefits
A powerful, flexible and easy to use tool that enables sharing of data with your colleagues. Expand the table below for more information.
Learn how to get the most out of InterMapper Reports. The following use cases demonstrate the value of your network monitoring solution throughout the organization:
Quickly create your own reports or start with our built-in reports and enhance them with your requirements:
- Average Response Time
- Outage History
- Down Devices
- Worst Devices
- Outgoing Traffic
- Incoming Traffic
- Slowest Devices
- Short-term Packet Loss
Flexible Alerting and Notifications
Be alerted to the events that matter most
Long before an end-user calls to say, “The network is down,” you want to know about problems. With InterMapper, it’s easy to do this.
InterMapper network monitoring software has extremely flexible alert and notification options so that you always stay abreast of the current state of problems.
These capabilities include:
- Alerts at the device or interface level
- The ability to apply threshold settings from the parent level
- A wide-variety of alerting methods — sounds, email messages, pages, text messages to cell phones via SMS, SNMP traps sent to selected receivers,
- pop-up messages, syslogs, and more
- Notification schedules (e.g. time of day, weekend only, etc.)
- Assign alerts to various individuals or groups
- Time delays minimize “nuisance” alarms
- Powerful escalation options help track unresolved issues
- Automatic dependencies suppress alerts for devices "behind" a failed router or switch
- Build your own alerts by creating scripts that provoke action in response to failure
Every time InterMapper tests a device, it collects operational statistics. This information includes response time, packet loss, and other values specific to that probe. If any of those values exceed a threshold, the device, link, or port's severity changes from OK to warning, alarm, critical or down status.
Alerts can be triggered whenever a device or interface changes status, and each status can have its own set of notifications. These notifications can be assigned person-by-person to accommodate individual responsibilities or schedule shifts, or to groups of individuals who all need to be notified of problems.
Stay up-to-date on network activity
InterMapper also supports the ability to acknowledge a condition. This allows a technician to indicate that the problem is being worked on.
Acknowledging a device or interface will:
- Silence any further alerts that would otherwise be sent for the device or interface
- Allow you to enter a comment that is logged and appears in the Status window
- Turn its icon blue and display a clock icon, indicating that it’s being worked on
When things are "normal," all icons are green. When an icon is having trouble, but being worked on, it is blue. Any yellow, orange, or red icons indicate new problems waiting to be acknowledged.
Pinpoint Network Congestion
Visually identify obstructions and bottlenecks
InterMapper provides you with the power needed to easily identify congestion and chart the issue for trending information.
Charting data can be invaluable in determining if the issue is:
- A short term obstruction, or a long term problem
- Causing packet loss or latency
- A result of excessive traffic
- Causing slowdowns
Import and Export Network Data
Send and receive map data to other servers
InterMapper allows you to import and export data via an HTTP API.
Data formats include:
- Tab-delimited files